Cleaning your gutters may not be as easy as it looks. Yes, you may be a DIY fanatic but you always have to consider the danger of going up the roof and removing the debris stuck in your gutter Melbourne not knowing if the tiles on your roof would hold. How many times have we seen people climb their roofs and end up stumbling down and getting injured?
Here’s a look at why we should leave gutter Melbourne maintenance and repair to professionals:
- Gutters are always placed in precarious spots on your roof and one small error can make you fall. If you have never been up on a roof before, it’s like walking on an elevated platform that is angled hazardously and there are no bars or anything to stop you from falling over the edge. The gutter is placed on the edges of this elevated platform and it can be totally unnerving to look down the ground below, especially for people who are afraid of heights.
- In order to get to the gutter Melbourne and clean it, you would need a high sturdy ladder and reach the gutter from there. That means you would be forced to go up the ladder, clean the portion of the gutter that you can reach, go down and move the ladder to a different location, and so on. Or, you can climb up the roof and treacherously walk the entire fringes of your roof.
Barring any misfortune, this can be a lot of work.
Important Gutter Cleaning Guidelines
- When cleaning your roof and gutter Melbourne, your ladder has to be standing on straight solid ground and the other end secured to the roof. Winds, animals and nerves from heights can all lead to a shaky and falling ladder
- As you clean each portion of your gutter, you will need to secure and unsecure the ladder onto the roof. This is fine if the entire ground surrounding your home is firm and flat. However, if that is not the case, you have a safety issue to contend with.
- Gutters Melbourne who have not been installed with gutter guards will most likely be filled with a variety of stuff, most of them decomposing especially if you have not cleaned your gutter for a very long time. There would be twigs, leaves, all kinds of insects, hives, and other forms of debris. You may even discover a rat or two.
- If you want clean gutters, you will also need to clear the valleys of your roof, as well as other very difficult to reach areas in your roof. This may require you to be up on the roof for several hours. If your roof is angled differently or if it is too steep, you may need to use a special body harness so that you don’t run the risk of falling over the edge of your roof.
- The normal weight of a regular adult has the capacity to break or damage roof tiles. That means you may need to walk in areas where roof tiles are not present or in spots where you would inflict minimal damage.
With all the hassle of maintaining one’s roof and gutter Melbourne, it is more economical and safer to leave the task to expert gutter cleaners.